From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] FW: x86-winnt
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:45:17
1 On 15-05-2008 08:52:16 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > > That feels like an awfully ugly hack. Sorry to say so. Gives me an
3 > > idea on where/why/how though...
4 >
5 > I know it's an ugly hack, yes, and I feel it's really a bug in the
6 > binutils build mechanism, since that should set the rpath correctly
7 > for it's own prefix. But I'm not sure if there wasn't more than just
8
9 It *does* for Linux and Solaris at least...
10
11 > binutils requiring the explicit runpath. Also this is just during
12 > bootstrap, so I can cope with that - in the real prefix the
13 > binutils-config does exactly the same thing, so....
14
15 Not really. It's just luck it works then. Each binutils should point
16 to its own libs IMO, instead of the libs of the currently selected
17 binutils.
18
19 For some reason my interix has crippled down to 48K8 modumb speed, where
20 even readline recall (as in arrow up) in bash seems to make the machine
21 go into a hefty calculation session, so if I'm progressing, it is really
22 really REALLY slowly.
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level
28 --