From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Crossdev in a prefix / bug 384167
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:21:21
1 Hey Greg,
2
3 <gmt@×××××.us> writes:
4
5 > I have crossdev starting to work in a prefix, via an overlay. So far,
6 > I have x86_64-pc-linux-gnu->i686-pc-linux-gnu[-multilib] working, and
7 > I seem to be making good progress towards my intermediate objective,
8 > x86_64-pc-linux-gnu->x86-64-w64-mingw64[multilib].
9 >
10 > I’ll need to sort through my overlay and figure out exactly what bits
11 > are essential to making crossdev work, and, for that matter, whether
12 > certain changes serve any purpose at all... Anyhow the good news is,
13 > there aren’t a ton of major changes involved.
14
15 Great! And as Ruus mentioned in another reply, we are also working on
16 it.
17
18 > The bad news is, the changes I do have are spread out across multiple
19 > projects.
20
21 I am curious about the changes besides the crossdev script itself.
22
23 > I’m wondering, how should I share this stuff? Possibilities are:
24 >
25 > o bug 384167
26
27 I think bugzilla is the central place to track this. People (including
28 me) has already submitted patches. It would be nice to see how your
29 patch is (in)different from previous ones. And we can make the best of
30 it.
31
32 IMHO, we'd better get the patch integrated upstream, or track the
33 patches with a git repo (updated against upstream).
34
35 > o multiple bugzilla bugs
36 >
37 > o Post patches here or to gentoo-dev@×××××.go
38 >
39 > o Put overlay on github
40 >
41 > Is there much interest in this? If so, I suspect I can cook up an
42 > overlay, get feedback, and thereby achieve a higher S/N on bugzilla
43 > contributions down the line. If nobody is likely to spend any time
44 > looking at an overlay* then I’d be more inclined, I guess, to just go
45 > the multiple-bugs route.
46
47 Cheers,
48 Benda