From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] windows issue with portage permissions
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:29:38
1 On 22-09-2009 22:27:19 -0400, ross smith wrote:
2 > Hey everyone,
3 >
4 > I recently installed gentoo prefix on my 32bit windows 7 rtm machine.
5 > the initial sync went fine,  and I was notified of a new portage
6 > version so I installed it. the install proceeded without error, but now
7 > portage won't emerge anything because it requires root access, that
8 > doesn't exist in the prefix.  any ideas as to what could be wrong?
9
10 it's probably the user administration. Check your
11 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/const_autotool.py for correctness
12 on the users and groups, and also check your $EPREFIX/etc/make.globals
13 for the correctness of PORTAGE_{USER,GROUP,INST}* variables.
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level