From: Qiangning Hong <hongqn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] anybody tried use crossdev on prefix?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 08:41:45
1 I bought a Raspberry Pi and want to install gentoo on it. Being a happy
2 gentoo prefix user on Mac OS X Mountain Lion, I'm trying to build a
3 cross-compiling toolchain on my macbook pro, instead of a virtualbox'ed
4 linux.
5
6 I have successfully emerged crossdev-99999999 with a little modification to
7 let it use the prefixed path. The modification is accessible in my
8 overlay:
9 https://github.com/hongqn/hongqn-gentoo-overlay/commit/3341e5122dffe390016246fdfd279785c0af35c5
10
11 However, when I run crossdev with the command:
12
13 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=$EPREFIX crossdev --target
14 armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi -v --b 2.23
15
16 it failed at the cross-armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/binutils install
17 stage, complaining the generated .dylib has wrong install_name references
18 to nonexisting paths. The full output is at
19 https://gist.github.com/hongqn/5290764
20
21 It seems that the problem is related to the generated ebuilds under
22 cross-armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/binutils. It is a symlink to
23 sys-devel/binutils. But when I run emerge =sys-devel/binutils-2.23, it
24 emerged successfully.
25
26 Anybody has idea about this problem?
30 Qiangning Hong