From: rabbe@×××××××.se
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] svn not working again?
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:28:47
1 > Duft Markus <mailto:Markus.Duft@×××××××.at> wrote:
2 >> Hi
3 >>
4 >> Is anybody else experiencing problems svn up'ing? i get "svn:
5 >> Connection closed unexpectedly" all the time.
6 >
7 > hah, seems that switching the svn checkout to https workes around this
8 > for now: "svn switch --relocate
9 > svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay
10 > https://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay". Now i
11 > can update again without any problems.
14 >> Also something i have noticed before: we're behind a proxy, and it
15 >> seems that only one at a time can update (if it works...), all others
16 >> get that "svn: Connection closed unexpectedly" message too. Can this
17 >> have something to do with the server, or is it more probably a company
18 >> network setup problem?
19 >
20 > it seems that the switch to https also solved this problem. i don't know
21 > why the portage ebuild says that only devs should switch there (i'm just
22 > about to become a dev....), is there any obvious reason i'm missing?
23
24 The "svn switch" trick worked for me too.
25
26 --Rabbe Fogelholm
29 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list