From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] I tried installing gentoo prefix on WSL2 running debian.....
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 20:18:36
1 Many thanks.
2
3 Gentoo prefix installed successfully on clear linux.
4
5 But something is wrong with the path to start the prefix working properly.
6
7 emerge and eselect news read commands are not found.....
8
9 I changed directory to /home/mikef/gentoo/usr/bin and found emerge.
10
11 I ran /home/mikef/gentoo/usr/bin/emerge --update --newuse @world as a
12 command.
13
14 It ran OK.
15
16 I need to set the locale.
17
18 I ran /home/mikef/gentoo/usr/bin/eselect news read
19
20 The error says that the package manager cannot get a list of repositories.
21
22 echo $PATH
23
24 gives
25
26 /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/3rd-party/bin
29 Comments appreciated
30
31 Regards
32