From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix-portage as root
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 19:20:29
1 On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 12:49:58AM +0100, Michael Weiser wrote:
2
3 > I have two goals now:
4 > - see, how I can integrate sandboxing into bootstrapping
5 > - start using prefix as root and see how it behaves
6
7 I am just now bootstrapping Prefix as root. I needed a small patch, to
8 switch Prefix back into root mode, which is attached to this email. I
9 also patched bootstrap-prefix.sh to re-exec itself inside a sandbox
10 which limits it to $EPREFIX.
11
12 I had a look over the "use prefix" constructs in the portage tree. They
13 don't seem to break permissions. Instead they make them somewhat more
14 useful for non-Linux systems. For example, screen is not installed sgid
15 utmp but suid root.
16
17 Cheers,
18 --