From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix: how to prevent the linker to prepend -L/usr/lib/../lib64 ?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:06:33
1 On 23-10-2011 23:36:12 -0400, Martin Luessi wrote:
2 > Did you by any chance emerge gcc with the "vanilla" useflag enabled? I
3 > am asking since I had similar problems when I was installing
4 > gentoo-prefix on CentOS a few weeks ago. Gcc 4.5.3 wouldn't compile
5 > without the "vanilla" useflag enabled, so I enabled it. After that
6 > many packages failed to compile since they were being linked against
7 > system libraries instead of the prefix ones. What I did is mask gcc
8 > versions that are too new (>4.2.4 in my case) to be compatible with
9 > the CentOs glibc.
10
11 Oh, thanks for the hint. I guess we should either mask vanilla, or
12 apply the critial prefix patches for this regardless of USE=vanilla.
13
14 Mind filing a bug for this?
15
16 Thanks a lot for the insight!