From: nac <nac@××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX]issues of crossdev on PREFIX/macosx
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:16:10
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've been trying to make distcc/crossdev environment on prefix/mac osx as HOST
4 and its target is gentoo linux on lower-voltage CPU.
5
6 I think, I should take some steps to make distcc and crossdev
7 environment. And I got a trouble to do this.
8 The steps I did:
9
10 1) installing distcc
11 On mac osx, enewuser is invalid but it's not problem. I could
12 emerge the package and will run distcc manually.
13
14 2) installing crossdev
15 no problem.
16
17 3) tweaking crossdev script
18 ${EPREFIX}/usr/bin/crossdev is a bash script and includes
19 hard-coded paths. So I replaced paths like /usr, /etc and /var to
20 ${EPRFIX}/usr and so on. I think "${EPREFIX}/usr" is correct but
21 I'm lazy. And interpreter at 1st line of the script should be replaced to ${EPREFIX}/usr/sbin/bash.
22
23 4) run crossdev with paticular options of target
24 Before running crossdev I needed to write package names which would be installed by
25 crossdev to package.unmask. And put
26 FEATURES="allow_broken_install_names" in make.conf because of binutils.
27 Emerging binutils and kernel headers are ok.
28
29 5) installing glibc for target environment
30 **Now here**, crossdev can't emerge glibc because no glibc package on
31 prefix tree. How can I solve this problem?
32 Should I make glibc package on a overlay in prefix environment
33 with ecopy and adding manual modification?
34 I think it's little bit tough work.
35
36 If this glibc problem is solved, crossdev would works.
37 (Of course making gcc can be another problem ;-) )
38
39 Any one any hints?
40
41 Thanks,