From: Nicolas Pinto <nicolas.pinto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Prefix: how to prevent the linker to prepend -L/usr/lib/../lib64 ?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 01:48:09
1 Hello,
2
3 Many of the build problems I'm having with Gentoo Prefix come from the
4 fact that gcc/ld has "hardcoded" linker search paths (e.g. -L
5 /usr/lib/../lib64) coming *before* the gentoo prefix ones (i.e.
6 $EPREFIX/usr/lib, etc.) and causing many packages to fail emerging on
7 most Linux distributions (CentOS, RedHat, Mandriva, Ubuntu, even
8 Gentoo itself) where the system libraries are incompatible.
9
10 The only workaround I found is the ugly
11 LDFLAGS="-l:$EPREFIX/usr/lib/libXXX.so" emerge YYY.
12
13 Any thoughts on what what I am doing wrong?
14
15 Thanks for your help.
16
17 Regards,