From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:07:56
On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 14:23 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> One big solution to this problem (me being sloppy when I sync) is when > we would go to gentoo-x86. Keywords are an issue then, but we already > identified that Prefix keywords cannot be shared with gentoo-x86 > keywords. Luckily we made all of ours unique ;) Suppose we would use > haubi style PREFIX_ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=... we would just be another line. > That said, now I think about it, our keywords, which differ from > gentoo-x86's ones, already mark an ebuild prefix ready. So we could > start dropping EAPI="prefix", because the keywords just say it all...
If you mean having prefix-keywords in KEYWORDS, then no: live-ebuilds might be prefix ready or not, and they usually just have empty KEYWORDS. To mark an ebuild prefix ready, IMO it should set PREFIX_KEYWORDS.
> For haubi-style ACCEPT_KEYWORDS we need a GLEP/proposal on gentoo-dev > for the next EAPI.
Agreed, although I don't think this should be an EAPI thing, as EAPI-0 ebuilds can have distro-keywords too. /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?) Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>