From: Elias Pipping <pipping@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Mock up Linux bootstrap guide
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:31:03
1 On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 06:07:54PM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Without internet I have to change my focus of development, as not
5 > everything is possible at the moment ;)
6 >
7 > I quickly wrote an initial version of a Linux bootstrap guide. It isn't
8 > linked on the web yet, as I first would like to see some feedback on it.
9 > I haven't tested it yet myself either.
10 >
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-linux.xml
12 >
13 > The link will become available later, for now it's still 404
14
15 picky suggestions:
16 ==================
17
18 ( no, that's not valid sed syntax but i think it looks better than
19 'replace ... with ...' )
22 > [..] such that source code can be compiled into workin executables.
23 s/workin/working
24
25 > The first step is to chose a path to install into.
26 s/chose/choose
27
28 > stored in the variable $EPREFIX.
29 s/$EPREFIX/EPREFIX
30
31 > [..] in your soon to be prefix to your PATH environment.
32 s/./:
33
34 > [..] You can skip bootstrapping python if you already have a working Python 2.4 in your path.
35 s/2.4/2.4 or better
36
37 > [..] Afterwards it will try to setup some sane defaults.
38 s/setup/set up
39
40 > Next, we emerge the bash shell and its dependency ncurses.
41 s/the bash shell/the bash
44 -- Elias