From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Removal of ~{mips,ia64}-linux keywords from the tree
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:42:37
Hi all,
As we speak I am removing the above mentioned keywords from the tree.
The dropped support of these two platforms is for a couple reasons:
a) lack of dev manpower
b) lack of dev machines to maintain/test the entire ARCH properly
c) lack of user interest, seen at [1] & [2] (same thread really)

If you would like to see these platforms back in the prefix tree, we
encourage you to get involved via bugzilla, this mailing list, irc, and
eventually even become a real Gentoo developer! =)

PS. If you randomly get any digest errors, please try re-syncing first.