From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Removal of ~{mips,ia64}-linux keywords from the tree
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:42:37
1 Hi all,
2 As we speak I am removing the above mentioned keywords from the tree.
3 The dropped support of these two platforms is for a couple reasons:
4 a) lack of dev manpower
5 b) lack of dev machines to maintain/test the entire ARCH properly
6 c) lack of user interest, seen at [1] & [2] (same thread really)
7
8 If you would like to see these platforms back in the prefix tree, we
9 encourage you to get involved via bugzilla, this mailing list, irc, and
10 eventually even become a real Gentoo developer! =)
11
12 Thanks,
13 Jeremy
14
15 PS. If you randomly get any digest errors, please try re-syncing first.
16
17 [1]:
18 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-alt/msg_e2bf5daa2dac041be80fbbeb38910071.xml
19 [2]: