From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] android and gentoo prefix.....
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 18:12:46
1 Sounds interesting.
2
3 Do you think that running Linux from a chroot jail on a permanent basis on
4 a phone is practical?
5
6 I run gentoo from debian as a chroot when I am installing it a lot.
7
8 It is useful when Xorg fails and when grub is playing up etc.....
9
10 But it would not be so good if you want to run blender etc natively.
11
12 But maybe it is organised a bit differently on the mobile phone.
13
14 I will try the userland thing out and see how I get on.
15
16 Regards
17
18 MF