From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Mesa header in media-libs/apple-opengl-2
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:17:24
1 On 08-04-2009 15:13:53 +0000, Dirk Tilger wrote:
2 > On 2009-04-07, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Is there anything that would break if we remove this symlink? And does
4 > > it make sense to have both mesa and apple-opengl installed? I thought
5 > > mesa provides an opengl implementation? I'm not to familiar with this
6 > > stuff, so please tell me if I'm wrong.
7 >
8 > Hi Grobian,
9 >
10 > well, to be honest, I'm not deep into this either. "osmesa.h" declares
11 > functions in /usr/X11R6/lib/libOSMesa.dylib, which is not currently
12 > included in apple-opengl, so it wouldn't really change something if we
13 > omitted it. Both header and library are not part of the OpenGL standard
14 > and but provide additional functionality (offscreen rendering).
15
16 Ok, have you tried if stuff works with modified apple-opengl not to
17 provide osmesa.h? If so, I'm happy to remove the file from the ebuild.
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level