From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Another iteration on Prefix CI
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 13:07:01
1 Hi,
2
3 after realizing that I'm not allowed to add members from outside the company
4 domain to our Azure DevOps organization 'gentoo-prefix', I have moved the git
5 repository holding the Build Pipelines configuration (YAML) to my github account,
6 and the Pipelines itself into another DevOps organization named 'ssi-gentoo',
7 as I want to avoid requiring members of an organization named 'gentoo-prefix'
8 to be an employee at the company like myself.
9
10 So the git repo now is https://github.com/haubi/gentoo-prefix-ci
11 built by pipelines at https://dev.azure.com/ssi-gentoo/prefix-ci/_build
12
13 Also, I have managed to use multiple 6 hours slots for a single bootstrap
14 task, creating 'intermediate' docker images at every 5 hours of building,
15 and a 'latest' or 'failed' tagged one upon success or failure, respectively.
16
17 Beyond that, I do run the bootstraps on CentOS 6, 7 and 8 now too.
18
19 The docker images are uploaded to the dockerhub account 'gentooprefix',
20 which is my personal account at the moment, but I've seen that upgrading
21 to an organization account should be easy. But then, gentoo does seem
22 to have some dockerhub account already: Shall we aim to upload there?
23
24 As no more build agents are hosted by myself: How best can we merge build
25 results from both Azure builds with build results from target platforms
26 that are unsupported there?
27
28 Thoughts?
29 /haubi/