From: Armando Di Cianno <armando@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 14:48:59
I have an eselect launchdagents addition, already released last year,
that ties launchd items into a user's start-up profile.  Since
beginning to run prefix privileged, I've started to add support for
system-level start-up as well.  (I also had a need for a managed
postgresql start-up script last year.)

Dirk mentioned the desire to have one "meta" launchd script, but
frankly, and I'm not sure I agree with this.  It's certainly possible,
but one plist per-daemon is practically requisite on OSX given all the
configuration you can do in the plist.  There's also a lot of Linux
and path specific stuff in most of the init.d/conf.d scripts.
Definitely worth discussing more.

My tree is pretty antiquated (I really at least need to clean out a
lot of the stuff that made it into the tree), but you can find the
package there -- or simply go here: