From: Armando Di Cianno <armando@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 14:48:59
1 I have an eselect launchdagents addition, already released last year,
2 that ties launchd items into a user's start-up profile. Since
3 beginning to run prefix privileged, I've started to add support for
4 system-level start-up as well. (I also had a need for a managed
5 postgresql start-up script last year.)
6
7 Dirk mentioned the desire to have one "meta" launchd script, but
8 frankly, and I'm not sure I agree with this. It's certainly possible,
9 but one plist per-daemon is practically requisite on OSX given all the
10 configuration you can do in the plist. There's also a lot of Linux
11 and path specific stuff in most of the init.d/conf.d scripts.
12 Definitely worth discussing more.
13
14 My tree is pretty antiquated (I really at least need to clean out a
15 lot of the stuff that made it into the tree), but you can find the
16 package there -- or simply go here:
17 http://dicianno.org/svn/PrefixPortage/branches/overlay-fafhrd/app-admin/eselect-launchdagents/
18
19 __armando