From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] ibm-jdk-bin on aix
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 19:20:01
On 07-05-2009 18:23:17 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Unfortunately, IBM does not put version numbers in the redist filename > (besides 5 and 6 for the main java version). When they update their > site, the old version cannot be retrieved any more. > What whould you suggest to do here? > At the moment, I advise the user to rename "j632redist.tar.gz" to > something like "j632redist-${PV}.tar.gz" when downloading.
That sounds like a problem in itself. Are you allowed to mirror the file? If not, you need fetchrestriction anyway (old Java ebuilds did this), and you can easily instruct the user how to save the file.
> But the main problem as long as we are semi-auto-syncing from main tree > is: When I add dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin to the Prefix tree, semi-auto-sync > will fail on that, because additional SRC_URI files need to be > downloaded *manually* to create the Manifest, requiring a login at IBM.
Well, depends :)
> What seems possible for me now is (first is preferred): > *) Put it in prefix tree, but ignore it in auto-sync.
if in Prefix tree, but not in gentoo-x86, we never sync, of course
> *) Keep it in my private overlay until we are in main tree.
better put it in the main tree/Prefix tree then
> *) Create a new package in prefix only, being a quite identical copy > from ibm-jdk-bin.
Probably hack up the ebuild, like I did for solaris in the sun-jdk-bin ebuild.
> Thoughts? Do you have a mechanism to exclude a package from auto-sync, > even when it exists upstream?
Yeah, I can exclude packages, such as portage, since syncing them just makes a mess :) -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] ibm-jdk-bin on aix Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>