From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] clang-5 on macOS
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:45:49
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 12:55:40PM +0100, Michael Weiser wrote:
4
5 > > I think the cmake patches are ok, I'll look into the ebuilds you
6 > > mention. I'll sync whatever I can find in this area.
7 > Actually, the cmake patch might be incorrect since it got lost on emaint
8 > sync and I had to reconstruct it from memory. I'm sure about
9 > CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH, CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH,
10 > CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH but I think I also dropped
11 > CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR for llvm and clang.
12
13 After some more playing with cmake I think I got it: We do want a
14 minimal CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH (with just the path this project's libraries
15 get installed to) and CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH because of
16 https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling#Always_full_RPATH. This way
17 cmake will automatically add the directories of libraries that a project
18 links against and that are outside the build directory. No idea how the
19 first part can be done without help by the upstream source or the
20 individual ebuilds though.
21
22 We do most likely not want CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH and
23 CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR because we now know it causes breakage and the
24 benefit is still unclear.
25 --
26 bye, Micha