From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Having a persistent bash environment variable
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:42:58
1 On 04-02-2008 19:33:26 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > > Can you explain how exactly you set UNIXMODE? For understanding, what
3 > > OS/libc is this, and what is the Portage version you use?
4 >
5 > Actually, it's an Atari Falcon (m68k) running FreeMiNT.
6
7 :) This makes me smile. :)
8
9 > > Do I understand correctly if I say that you set UNIXMODE in your
10 > > environment, call portage and that you find that the
11 > > compilation/installation doesn't seem to have UNIXMODE set?
12 >
13 > Yes. I've fixed this currently with adding
14 >
15 > export UNIXMODE=....
16 >
17 > at the top of ebuild.sh
18
19 Ok, that's a crude hack, I'll ask around to see how we can do this
20 properly.
21
22 > > Wild idea, have you tried setting UNIXMODE in etc/make.conf?
23 >
24 > That's one of the first things I tried, no luck.
25 >
26 > I've got through all of the bootstrap process, and now starting emerging
27 > the basics, but I've bumped into some more bash crashes, as I'm getting
28 > these errors....
29 >
30 > >>> Compiling source
31 > in /root/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/sed-4.1.5/work/sed-4.1.5 ...
32 > * The ebuild phase 'compile' has exited unexpectedly. This type of
33 > * behavior is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable
34 > * assignments (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313).
35 >
36 > * Messages for package sys-apps/sed-4.1.5:
37 >
38 > * The ebuild phase 'compile' has exited unexpectedly. This type of
39 > * behavior is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable
40 > * assignments (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313).
41 >
42 > which seems to be crashing when setting host_cpu. I'll try and figure
43 > that out.
44
45 Hmmm, I can't help you with this for the moment, what Portage version
46 and what bash version are you using?
47
48 > How do I go about sending patches in to get into the tree so I don't
49 > lose the current patches when I do an emerge --sync ??
50
51 The tree is an svn tree, so no changes in the tree will be lost. Your
52 change in ebuild.sh will get lost as soon as you update portage.
56 Fabian Groffen
57 Gentoo on a different level
58 --
59 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list