From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] gnulib (required for java on aix)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:05:35
1 <snip>
2 >
3 > This having said, I don't like one single growing _cached_ libgnu.
4 > Instead I'd cache one libgnu for each used set of gnulib-modules.
5 > This cache is pruned when reinstalling dev-libs/gnulib.
6 >
7 > This would result in something like
8 > /usr/lib/gnulib/getopt-strcasestr-xvasprintf/{include,lib}/
9 > /usr/lib/gnulib/another-getopt-strcasestr-xvasprintf-
10 > yetanother/{include,lib}/
11
12 +1, i really like this one. Although we should think about where to store
13 information on which modules are included (I'd prefer not to use the
14 directory name for it...
15
16 Cheers, Markus
19 > Or we go with the libgnu from gnulib.ebuild as done currently, and have
20 > this being the growing one, but easier to control.
21 >
22 > Btw, seems the solaris patch for portage-utils can be reduced from >20k
23 > to ~3k using gnulib.
24 >
25 > /haubi/
26 > --