From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: RE: [gentoo-alt] emake shell
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:14:10
1 On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 18:05 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > Question: does exporting SHELL=${BASH} in the profiles for Interix work?
4 > I recall we do the same on AIX, so wouldn't that be a cleaner solution?
5
6 Some cleanup:
7 On AIX, we export CONFIG_SHELL=${BASH}, because we need bash for
8 _configure_ for performance reasons only.
9
10 /bin/sh simply works and still is used as make-SHELL.
11 Usually, makefiles contain less shell code (compared to configure), so
12 performance does not matter that much there.
13
14 /haubi/
15 --
16 Michael Haubenwallner