From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: RE: [gentoo-alt] emake shell
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:14:10
On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 18:05 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> Question: does exporting SHELL=${BASH} in the profiles for Interix work? > I recall we do the same on AIX, so wouldn't that be a cleaner solution?
Some cleanup: On AIX, we export CONFIG_SHELL=${BASH}, because we need bash for _configure_ for performance reasons only. /bin/sh simply works and still is used as make-SHELL. Usually, makefiles contain less shell code (compared to configure), so performance does not matter that much there. /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level