From: Fabrizio Listello <flistellox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt][prefix]Ubuntu prefix unable to
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:25:59
1 Hello all,
2 I'm trying to have portage-prefix working on Ubuntu.
3 I'm been able to bootstrap the whole thing but now I've a problem upgrading
4 the portage package.
5
6 emerge -uvD tries to emerge sys-apps/portage-2.2.00.11125.
7 The compilation fails with the following error:
8
9 checking whether /home/gentoo/usr/bin/id is good enough... configure: error:
10 no doesn't understand -G
11
12 in fact the id command supports '-G' and every other option I've found in
13 the configure script (see the attached file). I can't figure out where is
14 the problem.
15
16 Please note that I've installed the prefix as a standard user.
17
18 Regards
19 --
20 ---