From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Clue transfer request: prefix/gx86 keywording policy/state-of-the-art?
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 08:39:34
1 On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us> wrote:
2 > Perhaps, is it SOP to rely on prefixes accepting gx86 keywords from
3 > non-prefix arch'es they correspond to? Doesn't that tend to defeat
4 > the whole purpose of having prefix-specific keywords as we move toward
5 > a single-shared-tree future?
6 >
7 > tia for any insights!
8
9 Re-reading the above, it occurs to me that it might sound like I'm
10 employing some sort of rhetorical device to argue for some kind of
11 alternate path to the status quo regarding keywords and prefix.
12
13 That's not it at all :)
14
15 Instead, I literally just don't have a clear idea of how various
16 moving parts fit together.
17
18 I'm hoping someone with access to the clue-stick will take pity on me
19 and scratch out a quick-and-dirty "idiot's guide" describing the
20 intended venn-diagram of ARCH/ACCEPT_KEYWORDS USE_EXPAND
21 configurations, configurations, rsync/git/overlay trees, and
22 e{build,class} KEYWORDS specifiers.
23
24 -gmt