From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: RAP issue on stage3
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 01:04:57
1 Dear Thierry,
2 I think it won't hurt to post it to gentoo-alt mailing list.
3
4 Thierry Schuepbach <thierry.schuepbach@×××××××.ch> writes:
5
6 > I am trying your RAP solution to replace my colleague RPM crap that
7 > actually does the same but is a real pain since all spec file have to
8 > be rewritten, and this will be on a per revision based!
9
10 Wow, is there a RPM based Prefix? Cool! Any pointers for that?
11
12 > I therefore followed your initial prefix/libc tutorial
13
14 oh, you mean this one
15
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc
17
18 Sorry, it had been outdated until I updated 5 minutes ago.
19
20 > which I had to modify a bit as the git is no longer the same. I
21 > nevertheless managed to have several working prefix with your
22 > configuration. But I always end up into other issues later on.
23
24 What kind of issues have you met with, exactly?
25
26 > This is the reason why I moved to bootstap-rap.sh which is great but
27 > unfortunately has some issue with perl. In fact, in stage3 wget pulls
28 > in perl with gdbm and db and this even though the profile is still set
29 > to .../boostrap/glibc which should normally have use.mask bearing gdbm
30 > and db. I tried to enforce a USE="-berkdb -db" but without success. I
31 > always have IUSE having gdbm and db.
32
33 > Do you have an idea about how I could do to mask these?
34
35 this should not happen. as gdbm and berkdb are in
36 profiles/bootstrap/use.mask
37
38 Could you please paste the output of 'emerge -pv perl' and 'emerge
39 --info'?
40
41 For completeness, there is another bootstrap script at
42
43 https://github.com/redlizard/prefix-libc/blob/master/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh
44
45 But be aware either manually bootstrap or any script will end up with
46 exactly the same system. Right now you are use whatever works.
47
48 > Here is part of the environment file of perl where you can see the IUSE.
49 >
50 > I will owe you some if you can help on that one.
51
52 Sure
53
54 > Thanks,