From: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] how to compile firefox on Mac Os X 10.8
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:03:59
1 30.08.2012, 13:37, "Fabian Groffen" <grobian@g.o>:
2 > On 30-08-2012 12:20:14 +0400, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
3 >
4 >> š30.08.2012, 01:55, "junqihu" <junqihu@××.com>:
5 >>> šHi, all!
6 >>>
7 >>> šI'm a newbie on using Mac OS X and gentoo prefix. Hence, I have many problems arised in using them to resolve. One of them šis how to compile firefox by gentoo prefix, although I know šthat there is a package named firefox for mac on mozilla's project page.
8 >> šAre you sure you need to build firefox? There are official binaries for your system [1].
9 >
10 > I completely concur with Konstantin here. šIt is very ambitious to try
11 > and emerge firefox on your Mac, for numerous reasons. šThe end result
12 > will most likely not be what you expect (no native aqua interface),
13 > unless you are willing to do major changes in the ebuild and eclass
14 > machinery.
15
16 junqihu: If you are brave enough to proceed, I'd recommended you to build Firefox
17 manually (i.e. outside prefix without ebuild), and when you get acceptable results,
18 make respective changes to ebuild (dependencies, configure options).
21 Regards,
22 Konstantin