From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] We need to empty the CONFIG_SITE envvar
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:16:52
1 Hi!
2
3 As I'm still not in sync with vanilla Prefix yet, thought to share this
4 info before you start digging...
5
6 've just learned that autoconf's configure may listen to CONFIG_SITE
7 environment variable, and simply sources the file from its value.
8
9 This has bitten me on openSUSE 12.3 (64bit), where I've wondered why
10 I got configure to use libdir=$prefix/lib64 and libexecdir=$prefix/lib
11 even with some 32bit-only Prefix - and indeed, openSUSE 12.3 does
12 set CONFIG_SITE in /etc/profile.d/site.sh.
13
14 For Prefix we should have our etc/profile to punt CONFIG_SITE value -
15 either unset directly or set to empty somewhere in etc/profile.d/.
16
17 Different thoughts?
18
19 /haubi/