From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gentoo prefix for windows interix
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:10:16
1 On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Remus Barbatei <remustata@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello all
4 >
5 > Recently I have started working with the gentoo prefix for interix on
6 > windows:
7 > http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/prefix/x86-interix/current/
8 > I am currently running windows 7 enterprise, x64
9 > I followed all the steps described in the documentation and managed to get
10 > a working gentoo environment.
11 >
12 > Several issues have come up:
13 > I tried to emerge gcc and portage and I get an error message, the same for
14 > both:
15 >
16 > Traceback (most recent call last):
17 > File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dbapi/_MergeProcess.py",
18 > line 230, in _spawn
19 > prev_mtimes=self.prev_mtimes, counter=counter)
20 > File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dbapi/vartree.py", line
21 > 4817, in merge
22 > counter=counter)
23 > File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dbapi/vartree.py", line
24 > 4059, in treewalk
25 > self._linkmap_rebuild(include_file=needed)
26 > File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dbapi/vartree.py", line
27 > 2868, in _linkmap_rebuild
28 > self.vartree.dbapi._linkmap.rebuild(**kwargs)
29 > File
30 > "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/util/_dyn_libs/LinkageMapPeCoff.py",
31 > line 251, in rebuild
32 > myprops = self._obj_properies_class(
33 > AttributeError: 'LinkageMapPeCoff' object has no attribute
34 > '_obj_properies_class'
35 >
36 > You can also view the complete logs here:
37 >
38 > https://bitbucket.org/remustata/misc
39 >
40 > How can I fix this bug? Is there any way to update/install packages under
41 > this interix prefix?
42
43 I don't know, I guess you could start by looking at
44 /opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/util/_dyn_libs/LinkageMapPeCoff.py
45 line 251. But you should know that Interix is abandonware by
46 Microsoft and contains some very difficult-to-find bugs somewhere deep
47 in the linker internals, which will stop you from doing anything
48 really complicated with it. With Gentoo Interix you are well off the
49 beaten path. You're going to need to fix bug after bug after bug at
50 every step. If you aren't comfortable with that, you can file bugs in
51 Bugzilla, but don't expect tons of Interix Gentoo users to come out of
52 the woodwork and instantly fix them. There are very few people --
53 probably zero people -- actively working on that platform.
54
55 -gmt