From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] alt-prefix on solaris: it rocks. plus badge.
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 13:58:32
1 On 24-05-2009 15:50:38 +0200, Wicher Minnaard wrote:
2 > I installed gentoo-prefix on my Solaris VPS and I'm very pleased with
3 > it. Many thanks to all who make this possible!
4 > I was so happy with it that I couldn't help but remix a logo/badge out
5 > of Gentoo and Solaris artwork.
6 > You can find the badge at
7 > http://smorgasbord.gavagai.nl/2009/05/gentoo-alt-prefix-on-solaris/gentaris-done/
8 > .
9
10 w00t!
11
12 And I'm very happy to read
13 http://smorgasbord.gavagai.nl/2009/05/gentoo-alt-prefix-on-solaris/
14
15 (Which sounds pretty much very "ambachtelijk bereid" ;) )
16 Yet again another Prefix use case in the wild!
17
18 > DISCLAIMER
19 > We all love IP, don't we?
20 > - I do not have explicit permission from Sun to remix their artwork.
21 > But the page at http://logos.sun.com/logosite.jsp?Category=sunuse does
22 > not mention any guidelines for noncommercial derivative works of the
23 > Solaris logo.
24 > - The use of the gentoo "G" does not imply that the logo is connected
25 > with the Gentoo Foundation (Gentoo logo guidelines make me state this
26 > explicitly, so there).
27
28 Ok, seems you've done this before, it spoils the fun a bit :/
29 Still I think the badge is really cool, next year when I go to FOSDEM I
30 should definitely get it on a real badge somehow!
34 Fabian Groffen
35 Gentoo on a different level