From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] startprefix not sourcing prefixed profile, PATH not set
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:38:29
1 On 08-07-2007 10:29:18 -0600, Aaron Wilson wrote:
2 > I've just bootstraped a fresh install of OS X 10.4.10 according to the
3 > documentation. I tried using the startprefix script that is mentioned but
4 > the prefixed bash doesn't source the prefixed profile and my PATH is not
5 > set.
6 >
7 > Should executing the startprefix (essentially executing
8 > ~/Library/Gentoo/bin/bash) script cause the prefixed profile
9
10 This is not enough, you need to start a login shell i.e. bash -l.
11
12 > (~/Library/Gentoo/etc/profile) to be sourced?
13
14 However, this sounds strange. What happens if you have execute
15 ~/Library/Gentoo/bin/bash -l? Do you get a Gentoo prompt (providing
16 that you don't change your prompt in your own config files)?
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level
23 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list