From: Leho Kraav <leho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] revolutions in the bootstrapping world
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:08:08
1 On 13.08.2012 09:59, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 >
3 > Over the past few days, I've changed lots in the bootstrapping
4 > procedures itself, and mostly the bootstrap-prefix.sh script.
5 >
6 > - introduced the interactive installer
7 > When ./bootstrap-prefix.sh is ran without arguments, it starts an
8 > interactive installer session. It checks some things in your
9 > environment and asks you some questions about your bootstrap. That
10 > is, it sets EPREFIX, PATH, MAKEOPTS, CHOST, runs stage1, stage2,
11 > stage3, emerge -e system and finally creates the startscript.
14 Sup grobian
15
16 Thanks to this awesomeness that is the bootstrap-prefix ng script, I'm
17 able to turn a
18 CentOS-5.5 vps into something usable. You're the man.
19
20 Something I did run into was stage1 failing bash-4.2 ./configure because
21 of my GREP_OPTIONS.
22
23 So I would suggest always unsetting GREP_OPTIONS in the script. Been
24 bitten by this before and that's how I even knew what's going on when
25 looking at the failure line.