From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:24:47
1 Peter Davoust, mused, then expounded:
2 > Ok, so I may try a stress test if I get a chance, but I'd much rather
3 > try an older kernel version first. As far as specs, Turion64 dual
4 > core, nvidia GeForce go 6150, 2gb ram (of some kind, not sure, I know,
5 > it's deplorable), 120 gb hard disk, other than that I'm not sure,
6 > unless you're looking for asthetics, which I assume you aren't. Can
7 > anyone tell me how to emerge an older kernel? I'm not that good with
8 > portage, and I'm not sure how to emerge older versions. I think I knew
9 > at one point, but that was a while ago. Thanks.
12 emerge -av =gentoo-sources-2.6.18-r7 (something like that)
15 But, as yu have an nvidia card, I suggest doing the following
16
17 vim /etc/portage/package.keywords
18 i
19 #