From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Missing source file in libxkbfile packge
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:51:21
1 "Jonathan Schaeffer" <joschaeffer@×××××.com> posted
2 d60596f50607310503yfa964e1j2b387cdfafde8dfb@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:03:09 +0200:
4
5 > yup you are right that made things work
6
7 I would have included in the quote the grandparent excerpt referred to by
8 "that", but the upside down quoting format made that difficult...
9 (emerging by hand various X protocol packages, anyway).
10
11 Note the significance of emerge's --oneshot parameter. Without it, those
12 manually merged packages will now be in your world file. It's
13 possible/likely you don't want them there, in which case you'll want to
14 hand edit the file to remove them, if you didn't use that parameter.
15
16 I'd also suggest filing a bug, as the dependencies are apparently screwed
17 up, if those protocols weren't dependencies that had to be merged in
18 ordered to merge xorg-x11.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list