From: Akos Szalkai <szalkai@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] /etc/conf.d/rc
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:02:32
1 > What package owns /etc/conf.d/rc ?
2
3 It is owned by baselayout-1, and it does not (seem to) exist in either
4 baselayout-2 or openrc.
5
6 Since you have ~amd64, you are using baselayout-2 with openrc. My guess
7 is that the /etc/conf.d/rc you have remained from the time you used
8 baselayout-1. Or if you have always had baselayout-2 then it is from
9 the install package (stage-whatever). I am pretty certain you can
10 delete it, but if you do and your system breaks, I will deny ever
11 writing this email. :)
12
13 Akos
16 Akos Szalkai <szalkai@××.hu>
17 Principal IT Consultant, CISA
18 2F 2000 Szamitastechnikai es Szolgaltato Kft.
19 Tel: (+36-1)-4887700 Fax: (+36-1)-4887709 WWW: http://www.2f.hu/