From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Best Desktop Patchset for kernel
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 01:06:03
1 On Wednesday 05 October 2005 02:37, Karol Krizka wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have been following the music with linux kernel thread and I started
5 > wondering what would be the best patchset for a desktop use. I have
6 > read the Gentoo Kernel Guide and from it seems to me that ck-sources
7 > are the best.
8 >
9 > What do you use on your desktop? Are there any other patches that you
10 > would recommend? Is there any patches your would recommed for a
11 > laptop?
12 >
13 > --
14 > Cheers,
15 > Karol Krizka
16
17 I use gentoo-kernel or vanilla kernel.org kernels.
18
19 Even with my xp2000+ I didn't had dropouts while listening to music in normal
20 usage (reading mails, compiling stuff, surfing the web, playing wesnoth, all
21 at the same time). Or 'latency' problems.
22 With my current setup, athlon64 3200, I have mopre problems with memory
23 consumption than dropouts - to be honest, the harddisk has to be tortured
24 pretty awfully to make amarok skip... more than it happens in normal, daily
25 use.
26 --
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list