From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] QT 4.4.1 update -- SOLVED
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:55:41
1 2008/9/14 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Mark Haney wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Beso wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> 2008/9/14 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
7 >>>>
8 >>>> Did I do something stupid when I updated QT to 4.4.1 last night? When
9 >>>> I booted the system backup KDE4.1 wouldn't come up because of a 'signal
10 >>>> 6'. I've tried rev-dep rebuild, but it's not working either.
11 >>>>
12 >>>> Actually, the problem was I hadn't updated the qt-opengl package at the
13 >>>> same
14 >>>> time as qt itself. Once I did that it worked fine. EXCEPT for my
15 >>>> taskbar
16 >>>> icons are missing by the system clock (like Kopete, etc). Any idea how
18 >>>> fix that?
19 >>>>
20 >>>
21 >>> try rebuilding plasma-workspace. and this also doesn't guarantee you
22 >>> that everything will come back as before, since there might have been
23 >>> some new commits that broke the plasma systray applet.
24 >>>
25 >>
26 >> Cool, I'll give it a shot. Thanks, Beso, as always you are a life saver.
30 > Okay, I tried but portage is telling me that there are no ebuilds to satisfy
31 > the request. When I search it tells me it's there, (and latest is v4.1.0)
32 > but when I try to emerge it, it won't do it. Should I sync portage again?
35 no. plasma-workspace = the plasma workspace. which is the main plasma
36 package. the kde team has called it plasma-workspace and i reffer to
37 it as that. also on my overlay (paludis one) i can see it as
38 plasma-workspace. if the portage overlay has still not renamed it
39 you'd have to search for plasma or plasma-main or something similar.
40 do a equery b plasma_engine_dict.so and find out the package to which
41 this file belongs and install that one together with libplasma (always
42 to recompile when recompiling plasma).
43 the best thing to do should be a full kde4 rebuild since a big deal of
44 packages go with qt-opengl but if you say everything to be ok, and
45 revdep-rebuild not pushing anything into rebuild then rebuilding the
46 libplasma and the main plasma-workspace package should be enough. if
47 you experience other issues then do a full kde4 rebuild and everything
48 should be back to normal (given that the portage overlay is syncing
49 against a working copy of the released packages).
52 dott. ing. beso