From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Switching profiles
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:20:48
1 Yuri Pimenov <yuri@×××××××××××××.com> skribis:
2 > Ok, at least you can update the FAQ now, by doing copy&paste from your answer :D
3 > The reason why I did such mistake with x86 profile on the amd64 pc is because I
4 > used the buggy 2006.0 LiveCD to install Gentoo just to save my time. You're right,
5 > I'm Gentoo-newbie, I am from Debian world, I just gave another try to Gentoo.
6 >
7 > I will fall back to x86 profile, thank you.
8
9 That’s probably a good idea, actually, because amd64 Gentoo is more
10 complicated and is more likely to give you trouble.
13 Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org http://chemoelectric.org
14 Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com (PDF)
15 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
16 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)