From: Jonathan Schaeffer <joschaeffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: cisco vpn : cvpnd hangs
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 06:54:32
1 2006/8/6, Michael Hordijk <hoffbrinkle@×××××××.com>:
2 > Jonathan Schaeffer wrote:
3 > > I have to configure the cisco vpn client at home on my amd64 gentoo box.
4 >
5 > I haven't see any other responses to your post, but I use vpnc instead
6 > of the Cisco client and had great success with it. And I thought it was
7 > much easier to get working. And easier to configure routes afterwards
8 > if you don't want your normal Internet traffic going over your VPN
9 > connection.
10
11 Sadly (very sadly indeed), vpnc doesn't support certificate
12 authentication and it's the way the cisco vpn server is configured at
13 work.
14 Well, I guess I'll push them once more to install an openvpn server ...
15
16 However ... I'm not sure about how the whole things work but the csico
17 vpn binaries are 32bits executables and link to the /lib32/libc
18 Is it possible that something is not well installed/configured with
19 the 32 bit emulation (if it's about 32bit emulation).
20 Have I any chance to get it working in a 32 bit chroot ? I've never
21 done it before but next step would be such a try.
22
23 thanks
24
25 jonathan