From: Stuart Haas <stuart@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Thunderbird - firefox links not opening
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:15:51
1 Richard Freeman wrote:
4 > >Sorry - hate to self-reply, but I did obtain an additional puzzle piece
5 > >- thunderbird is indeed calling /usr/bin/firefox. I put a line in the
6 > >shell script to append a line to a log file each time it is run, and it
7 > >is in fact being run.
10 > And I hate to reply again, but I got it working. See bug 97832. The
11 > mozilla-launcher uses an environment variable passing the name of the
12 > program to be run, and doesn't unset it when it is done using it. The
13 > value of this variable overrides the name of the executable that was
14 > called. It was apparently set when I originally launched thunderbird,
15 > so when I ran firefox it was instead trying to talk to itself.
16
17 This problem just resurfaced with thunderbird 1.0.5. I'm getting the
18 message when I click on a link:
19
20 /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: can't find the browser :-(
21
22 Stuart
25 Stuart Haas
26 stuart@××××××××××.com