From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] I don't want mplayer-bin to play vmw files!
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:21:55
1 On 6/11/06, Jerônimo Backes <germanobax@×××××××××.br> wrote:
2 > I have a amd64 machine, with a 64-bit installation. And I HATE mplayer.
3 > I don't want to use it to play movies, but for the wmv and other formats
4 > only supported by win32codecs, I have no options. There's only the 32
5 > bit version of mplayer available, and only a 32 bit player can use
6 > win32codecs.
7 >
8 > Can I compile some other player (like Totem, Kaffeine, Xine) as 32 bit?
9 > If not, how can I install any 32 bit player other than mplayer?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance.
15 You might consider a 32-bit chroot. I use one for web sites that are
16 picky about Flash, Java, win32codec support, etc.
17
18 Good luck,
19 Mark
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list