From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: NVidia - advice!
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:21:41
Richard Fish posted
<7573e9640601111317tf3bc470w655eae7a2a27136@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
below,  on Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:17:36 -0700:

> On 1/11/06, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote: >> to render HTML for security reasons. I'm told that with gmail, you >> can't disable the HTML option globally or for a specific address, only >> for each message. That's unfortunate, but as you can see, raw HTML >> doesn't look very nice, so please remember to do so. > > You were lied to, or gmail has been fixed. You just click "plain text" > above the compose window, and every message you compose from that point > onward defaults to plain text, until you click Rick formatting.
Thanks for the correction, then. It's entirely possible I misunderstood the no global thing, and they meant only that it couldn't be disabled per address, as in, when sent to a mailing list, but not for ordinary mail. If that's the case and it does global but not per address, it was probably my misunderstanding of what I was told, so my fault. In any case, glad I had it wrong on the global HTML thing, as I was rather disappointed in GMail if it couldn't do that. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list