From: "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Hard drive (installation)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:25:05
1 Hi,
2
3 Hope this is a good list for my question/problem (please someone direct
4 me to another list, if not).
5
6 I purchased a HP Pavillion desktop, AMD64 computer on the premise that I
7 could add an additional HD (verified by an HP "technician")... on which
8 I plan to install Gentoo... I (finally) got the additional hard drive...
9 but now it appears that you CANNOT add an additional internal HD... (no
10 room, no slot, unless perhaps one does modifications, then (most likely,
11 there goes the warantee?)).
12
13 So my question is: will an external HD work (I do audio
14 editing/recording/graphics) as a system/work space? & more importantly,
15 will Gentoo install on such a HD (external, usb 3))
16
17 Thanks much for any advice/help.
18
19 Henry