From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] portage 'world' maintenance
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:42:43
1 On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:06:25 -1000
2 Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > Is there a CLI utility to add/remove values from 'world' without
5 > causing packages to be emerged/unemerged? Even the emerge --inject
6 > functionality is gone. Or for that mater, is there even a way of
7 > listing what's in world? I've gotten into the habit of editing
8 > /var/lib/portage/world by hand but I always feel 'dirty' for doing
9 > this.
10 >
11 > -J
12 >
13 > --
16 From "man emerge"
17
18 --noreplace (-n)
19 Skips the packages specified on the command-line
20 that have already been installed. Without this option, any
21 packages, ebuilds, or deps you specify on the command-line
22 will cause Portage to remerge the package, even if it is already
23 installed. Note that Portage will not remerge dependencies by
24 default.
25
26 This adds packages to "world". I manually edit the file when I want to
27 remove some packages from "world" w/o actually uninstalling them.
28
29 HTH
32 Best regards,
33 Daniel