From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] chipset temperatures?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 22:45:21
1 Hi,
2 I have an Asus A8N-E motherboard which had a motherboard chipset
3 fan go bad yesterday. After doing some reading I found many folks have
4 had this same problem and switched successfully to Zalman passive heat
5 sinks so I did the same thing today. The machine has been up for about
6 4 hours with no problems. So far so good....
7
8 My question is how can I monitor chipset temp from my my desktop to
9 watch this for awhile? If I drop into BIOS I see a temperature listed
10 and had to turn off boot time warnings about the chipset fan going to
11 slow so it seems the BIOS knows what's going on.
12
13 Is there a way for me to do this in Gnome?
14
15 Thanks in advance,
16 Mark
17 --