From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: libungif and giflib conflict.
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:54:00
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 >What depclean does is starting from your world file (and including stuff
4 >in your system profile that's not specifically listed in the world file),
5 >figure out what each package listed there needs to RUN (run-time
6 >dependencies, as opposed to compile-time dependencies), BASED ON CURRENT
7 >USE FLAGS, then unmerge other packages as unnecessary.
10 Actually, that's not 100% correct. If that was so, depclean would never
11 remove system packages.
12 But it does. On my setup, which is purely udev, depclean wants to
13 remove devfsd. It warns me that it wants to remove the system package,
14 but it would do it anyway.
15
16 Sebastian Redl
17 --