From: Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems when more than one application uses sound
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:16:35
1 --- Felipe Ribeiro <felipernb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using alsa, and i can't use the sound
5 > simultaneously by more than
6 > one application, for example, when i'm seeing flash
7 > animations on
8 > firefox, xmms can't output sound. How can i solve
9 > this?
10 Your example is not a realy good one, as flash can
11 only use OSS for sound output. If you only use
12 applications that are able to output to alsa you
13 should not have this problem, even if your soundcard
14 does not phisicaly support multiple outputs.
15 Btw, my onboard sound card doaes support PHISICALY up
16 to 4 outputs so I don't have this issue. I was under
17 the impresion that such onboard cards are a common
18 thing for AMD64 motherboards as mine was a cheap
19 socket 754 with a Via K8T800 chipset.
20
22 Do You Yahoo!?
23 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
24 http://mail.yahoo.com
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list