From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --sync failed
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:51:09
1 On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:43:03 +0100
2 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 > I'm sorry if this has been covered but I have had trouble with my
6 > mail. I use the command eix-sync && emerge -auvtDN world && prelink
7 > -aqR to update my system. However, since Friday I am getting the
8 > following output:-
9 > * Removing old portage-cache in /var/cache/edb/dep ...
10 > {ok ]
11 > * Running emerge --sync ...
12 > * Problems running time emerge --sync
13 > [ !! ]
14 > * emerge --sync failed
15 >
16 > Has anybody any ideas as to what is causing this and how to solve it?
17 > Thanks
18 > Paul
19
20 Not sure, but does `emerge --sync` actually work? That would probably
21 give a more detailed error than eix does.
24 Kenneth Prugh - Ken69267
25 Gentoo AMD64 Arch Tester