From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] suddenly lost sound
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:56:29
1 > For some reason this morning, I have no sound. I see nothing in syslog,
2 > dmesg or any other log to indicate the problem. I checked the mixer
3 > settings (they've not been changed since I installed Gentoo over a year
4 > ago and restarting alsasound isn't fixing it. Is there any else I can
5 > check/do short of a reboot?
6
7 Just adding a "me too". Exactly the same situation. Maybe a specific
8 driver/chip bug? - My card is:
9
10 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies,
11 Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)
12 Card: VIA 8237
13 Chip: Realtek ALC850 rev 0
14
15 FYI.
16
17 (Or maybe some Monday-morning-related bug? :) )
18
19 Regards
20 -Roman
21 --