From: Juergen Schinker <ba1020@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OpenOffice.org natively available for AMD64
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:15:03
1 Am Mo, 16.10.2006, 12:30, schrieb Simon Stelling:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > It finally happened: openoffice is expected to compile and work natively
5 > on amd64. In fact, I have just removed the package.mask entry.
6 > Versions starting from 2.0.4 should work and are therefore marked
7 > testing on amd64 (i.e. there still might be problems - please file bugs
8 > if you find any). That also means that you no longer need to run a
9 > multilib profile just because you need openoffice.
10
11 Yeah thanks it needed me ca 3h to compile and now it runs like
12 a dream (it starts in 2s)...
13 another package on native 64bit...
14 but what about grub?
15