From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Silly X question.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:05:52
1 2009/1/13 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Joseph Jon Booker wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:40:21 -0500
4 >> "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >>> I do have an xorg.conf~ file sitting in that directory, could the
6 >>> system be using that one instead?
7 >>
8 >> That's just a backup file from some text editor, don't worry about that.
11 > I'm aware of that, I'm just thinking more than anything. I didn't really
12 > expect X to use that one.
13 >
14 try pushing in xorg-x11 pacakge and dispatch-conf. you'll use default
15 gentoo xorg.conf in that way.
16 but i don't think that it's xorg.conf related.
17 from what you're saying i think that it's something as environment
18 settings. i expect you to have this file in your user environment:
19
20 ~/.fonts.conf
21
22 if so do a cat ~/.fonts.conf and see the output. i think that there
23 are some problems with antialiasing and sub-pixel orderin being
24 overridden here.
25
26 the other thing you should control is the status of dri with driconf
27 as root. you should see some options there. the most important ones
28 are the debug disable 3d acceleration set to no, at least 8bit for
29 textures (or max if your board support less) let the board emmit
30 interrupts and obbey application's choice. also be sure that you don't
31 have the drm modules compiled in the kernel, not even as modules, but
32 use instead the x11-drm package with radeon use flag enabled for
33 radeon driver or fglrx for it.
34 also be sure to have the opengl links pointing to the right directions
35 on /usr/lib/libGL.so. this needs to point to the right driver you're
36 using (/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/[...]) for radeon or
37 [...]opengl/ati/[...] for fglrx, which will have links also in lib32.
40 dott. ing. beso